LOVE YOUR FAMILYLOVE THE PLANET
Home | Products | Craft & Activities | Eco Warriors Flash Cards & Treasure Hunt game
£14.00 – £17.50
— OR —
Gift wrap this item for £2.00?
Eco Warriors flash cards encourage children ages 5-10 to fight climate change by adopting sustainable habits at home. Parents love these cards because they help children understand why helping around the home and taking care of their belongings is important. Moreover, children can enjoy these cards without the need of a parent/carer (if they can read). Each card explains a topic
The perfect gift to a nature-loving Eco Warrior Child, and to parents who believe in teamwork, gender equality and want their children to learn how to help around the home and muck in with the housework chores!
The full pack includes:
– 10 flashcards with a different rhyme and super-action on each side
– Treasure Hunt clues for each of the cards
– Reward chart (I Feel Proud) plus 30 Eco Warriors stickers
– Child & parent instructions
– 1 Large cotton bag which holds the flashcards (size 13*18)
– The set arrives in a sturdy box size 12.5*17.5*5 cm
– The cards are size A6 (10.5*14.8 cm)
To accommodate siblings:
– Please add 1, 2, or 3 additional sets of reward charts and stickers (the full pack already comes with 1 set of reward chart and 30 stickers).
**fits in your mailbox. No need to go to the post office for missed deliveries**
Calling all kids who love to help and mums and dads who want them to! Eco Warriors are kids who care about the environment, and who learn how to help in the kitchen, the laundry and the bathroom, and even out in the garden. Eco Warrior cards give kids the guidance for all the tasks that they can help with, turning the jobs into a fun and engaging thing to do. The carefully crafted cards will help them to learn how to take care of their rooms and help in the house. It’s a great way to raise a 21st-century kid!
Eco Warrior is an educational game teaching children (age 5-12) how to take care of the planet, their home and belongings. Our engaging rhymes and colourful illustrations will delight the children, and motivate them to help around the home and learn new habits that fight climate change. To make the game even more interesting, why not hide the cards around the home and use the treasure-hunt clues we supply in the pack?
The great thing about Eco Warriors cards is that it makes helping out in the house fun! No need to persuade kids to do chores any more, just give the cards to your kids to manage themselves and let them complete the tasks. They will follow the detailed instructions and pointers and feel a great sense of achievement as they complete the jobs. When time is precious Eco Warriors is the answer for kids and parents offering kids a great fun way to take care of everything in their world.
Eco Warriors equals FUN! Kids just love the illustrations and rhymes that go along with the cards that they can work from. They get a real thrill from completing the tasks and filling in their reward charts and they love the treasure hunt clues that lead them to the cards hidden around the house that make everything such an adventure! Learning to do chores seems like a really great game with Eco Warriors as children challenge themselves and get the thrill of a job well done with lots of fun!
Many families have welcomed Eco-Warriors as an excellent and natural way to develop children’s character and behaviour. They learn to care for the things around them and take responsibility for them while they have lots of fun! Eco Warriors develops the kind and nature-loving side of their character. It helps children appreciate what they have and the world around them. It teaches them life lessons that will make them pro-active, organised, tidy, helpful and thoughtful, allowing them to develop a sense of responsibility for themselves and for the planet they live on. People love the journey of discovery that the whole family can go on together and the real benefits that Eco Warriors brings to kids and parents.
Our mission when creating this game is to empower children to take charge and instead of being victims to climate change, become part of the solution. At Helpful Kids, we’ve been empowering children with domestic life skills and because we are passionate about fighting climate change (and the situation is so dire) wanted to harness our expertise in teaching children domestic life skills and extend them to benefit the environment, as well as the children’s well-being, confidence, character development, daily habits and ability to make a positive impact. As Greta Thunberg so aptly said: No one is too small to make a difference.
Each card is size A6 (a quarter of an A4 page) and is made from durable recycled card (350mg).
The cards are double-sided printed, each card touches one area in the home where children can make a difference, the rhyme introduces the topic in an engaging way, and the “Eco-Warriors Actions” detail what specifically children can do to fight climate change at home. It also includes a reward chart and stickers so children can track their progress and acknowledge the wonderful impact their actions have on the environment.
A parents-friendly production:
As a mum of 3 kids myself, and after talking with tens of my workshops’ participants, I realised my next product need to be as friendly to parents as possible. This set of cards aims to motivate children to take on new good habits, by themselves, without the need for parents’ intervention, nagging and reminding. We’ve included two sets of instructions, one for the children and one for adults. The children’s instructions emphasises the need to work independently. We’ve also introduced a reward chart (“I feel proud” chart), which the children will use by themselves. The rhymes and eco-warriors actions further motivate the kids as they are written in an engaging and clear way so the kids can understand what needs to be done, without the parent further explaining. So simply leave this kit at the hands of your children and let them choose the habits they want to adopt. No need to do much, really!
We have carefully sourced our product and all the materials are eco friendly:
– Flashcards, clues and instructions: made from 100% recycled card, weight 350gsm. They are deliberately not coated with plastic which makes them less sturdy than the flashcards you might be used to. please ask your child to handle them gently, however, we will send you a free replacement if a card was damaged for any reason.
– Stickers: biodegradable
– Cotton bags: a natural based product
– Box: made from recycled paper
– Clear mailing envelope: biodegradable
Here are the positive and eco behaviours the cards promote:
Food shopping and cooking
1) Make a shopping list
2) Bring shopping bags
3) Buy food with minimal/no plastic packaging
4) Eat less beef
5) Reduce food with palm oil
Make use of a compost bin
1) Scrape your food into a compost bin without being asked
2) Scrape the food in without making a mess around the bin
3) Earn extra shells for putting the dishes in the dishwasher without being reminded
Load the dishwasher to the max
1) Put your dishes inside the dishwasher
2) Ask your parents to show you how best to load the cutlery, the cups and glasses, the plates and the bowls. Each type earns you a super action!
Keep food fresh for longer
1.Wrap any leftover food with eco-friendly packaging
2. Put all food away after meals and snacks
3. Eat any leftover food the next day
Wiping up crumbs and spills
1) Wipe spills and crumbs as soon as you finish your meal
2) Use water or natural products to do so
3) Rinse and wring the cloth
4) Let the cloth dry over the tap
Sort out the rubbish
1. Put items in your home’s recycling bag
2. Take out one full bin bag and put it in the correct outdoor bin
3. Put the lid back down to stop any wildlife getting in
Drinks matter too
1. Take a water bottle to school
2. When eating out, ask for tap water or water in a glass bottle
3. At home, re-use the same water glass throughout the day.
Make the most of toilet paper
1. Pay attention and use a sensible amount of toilet paper
2. When the roll is empty replace it with a new one and recycle the cardboard tube
3. Give recycled loo paper a try
Cleaning the toilet
1. Look at the toilet bowl after you’ve had a poo
2. Scrub any mess away with a toilet brush
3. Flush the toilet again and use the water to wash the toilet brush
4. Put the toilet brush back into its base
Cleaning the sink
1. After brushing your teeth wipe around the sink with a cloth
2. Wring the water out and neatly put the cloth to dry
1. When you brush your teeth or wash your hands turn off the tap until it’s time to rinse
Swap your bathroom items
1. Swap your plastic toothbrush for a bamboo toothbrush
2. Swap plastic cotton buds for wooden ones
3. Swap liquid body wash for bar soap
4. Swap bottled shampoo for a shampoo bar
Cut back on plastic toys
1. Together with your parents try and find eco-friendly alternatives for what you are looking to buy (such as bamboo or silicone)
2. Borrowing books from the library or buying used books online is also a great way to reduce paper consumption
Give old toys to charity
1. Make a pile of all the things you want to give away (earn 1 shell for each item!)
2. Show the pile to your parents. They will make the final decision about what to keep
2. Go along with your parents to the charity shop
4. Take note of the kind of things that are in the charity shop then the next time you need something perhaps you can buy it from there!
Reduce your paper usage
1. Write or print on both sides of the paper
2. Remove unused paper from notebooks before throwing them away
3. Order recycled paper for your home printer
Tidy your room
1. Make sure there’s nothing left on the floor before going to bed
2. Hang up your towel
2. Keep the lids on your markers and pens
3. Put old school paper in the recycling bin
Reduce the amount of laundry
1. Put your dirty laundry in the laundry basket
2. First check whether it really is dirty or can be worn again
3. Try to shake crumbs or use a damp cloth to wipe off small stains
4. Fold the clothes that you can wear again and put them back in your wardrobe
1. Open the blinds instead of turning on the lights
2. Turn off the lights each time you leave a room
Care for plants
1. Plant bee-friendly plants in your garden
2. Help to water the plants
3. Try growing a veggie patch
Care for wildlife
1. Plant bee-friendly plants
2. Put bird and squirrel feeders in your garden
3. Put a bee, bug or even bat house in your garden
– Is the product preaching any changes parents might not like? The most “extreme” suggestion we offer is one line about reducing beef and avoiding food with palm oil. Other than that parents and educators alike are all very happy with out suggestions, such as reducing the amount of laundry, taking good care of toys and clothes, reducing the amount of plastic, paper, water, energy etc.
– What age is ideal for these cards? The ideal age range is 6-9 but we have children in the range of 5-12 using the cards.
We really appreciate your custom and we want to make sure you are delighted with your purchase. Occasionally though, you may wish to change your mind. Please click here to review our returns policy.
Full Pack, + 1 Reward Chart, + 2 Reward Charts, + 3 Reward Charts
I’m Shiri, a mum of three teens and a former behaviour researcher. When my children became more independent I realised that there is so much to teach them outside of the school’s walls. I have used the tools I picked up with my specialty in habit formation and to make the experience more fun for them, have started developing visual aids, tokens etc. Since then I have also been talking about chores and sustainability for kids in various forums and workshops.
Username or E-mail:
Sign me up!